Car insurance and mot check: It is the act that includes examining huge amount of your car, starting from the brakes and fuel system to lights, mirrors, seatbelts, windscreen wipers and exhaust system. It’s involves checking your car all round.
When a car has reached three years old (four years in Northern Ireland) it must be tested each year to check it meets up with the road safety and environmental requirements.
(“This Ministry of Transport test is commonly known as an ‘MOT’.”)
The MOT check are done by authorised test centres around the country, all of which display an official blue sign featuring three white triangles.
How long can MOT check last?
Most of the time, car insurance and MOT check take up to 45 to 60 minutes, but there are some of other things to take into consideration, which can lead it to take more time,here are the list:
Recommended: 5+Top best car insurance:- United States Agency
- If your vehicle fails the test and repairs are needed this will take longer.
- You are not allowed drive away a car that has failed an MOT until the issue are resolved, unless your existing car insurance and MOT certificate is still valid and current, or you’re taking the car to have the faults fixed.
- The test might take an hour or less, but, even if there aren’t any repairs, this doesn’t mean your vehicle will only have to be at the garage for 60 minutes.
- They can ask you to drop your vehicle off first thing in the morning and collect it when ready.This means you should be ready to be without your vehicle for the whole day and night.
How much money does Mot test cost me?
The maximum fee official text centre are fix by vehicle and operator service Agency,they are the people that can charge for an MOT.
“Now the current price is £54.85 for cars and motor caravans and £29.65 for motorbikes, but many garages charge less than this – sometimes up to 50% less.”
How to check an MOT status on a vehicle?
Find out if a vehicle has an MOT certificate and when it runs out. You’ll need the vehicle’s registration number (number plate). If your vehicle is new, you must get an MOT test by the third anniversary of its registration. Car insurance MOT and check.
How to check your MOT text using reminder
Check when your test is due and get reminders. You are currently viewing: Check when your annual test is due.Get reminders by email or text message:
Find your nearest test centre and book your test.The cost will vary depending on where you take the test.
Check the fees for heavy goods vehicles or trailers,trail the fees for public service vehicles.Fill in an application form before you book your test if it’s the first time it’s been tested and it’s:
- A heavy goods vehicle
- A public service vehiclea
- A trailer manufactured before 29 October 2012
Prepare your vehicle:Check your vehicle’s headlamp aim,Check the brakes if it’s a heavy goods vehicle,Check what to do if your vehicle carries dangerous goods.
You can get your vehicle checked by a qualified mechanic to prepare for the test. They should be using the test standards in the:
- Heavy goods vehicle inspection manual
- Public service vehicle inspection manual
- Prepare the documents you need
Check what documents you need to take with you
You need to bring extra documents if your vehicle is used to carry dangerous goods, or if it’s exempt from having a tachograph or speed limiter.
- Declare a heavy goods vehicle doesn’t need a tachograph
- Declare a public service vehicle doesn’t need a tachograph
- Declare a heavy goods vehicle doesn’t need a speed limiter
- Declare a public service vehicle doesn’t need a speed limiter
- Certify a vehicle is or has been carrying dangerous goods
- Take your vehicle to the test
- Find out what happens at the test centre
- At the end of the test, you’ll be told if your vehicle has passed or failed
Recommended: Where is insurance policy number on card
MOT historic check
Check the past results of a vehicle’s MOT tests, including:if it passed or failed,the mileage recorded when it was tested,where each test was done,what parts failed at each test, and if any parts had minor problems
when its next MOT is due
You can only get results for tests done in England, Scotland or Wales since 200,before you start:
- You need the vehicle’s number plate (registration number).
- You can see the results as soon as the MOT centre has recorded the test result.
- You’ll need the 11-digit number from the vehicle’s log book (V5C) to see the test location. Car insurance and mot check.
How do i cancel an MOT tax on a vehicle?
You cay cancel your vehicle tax by letting DVLA to know that you no longer have the vehicle or it’s off the road. You get a refund for any full months of remaining tax.
MOT vehicle tax cancellation requirements
Here are few steps to follow to cancel your not tax. Make sure you meet up with there requirements:
- You must tell DVLA that your vehicle has been sold or transferred to someone else. Taken off the road, for example you’re keeping it in a garage – this is called a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN)
- written off by your insurance company,scrapped at a vehicle scrapyard.
- stolen – you’ll have to apply for a refund separately
- Exported out of the UK,registered as exempt from vehicle tax
There’s no other way to cancel your vehicle tax.What happens after you’ve told DVLA?
Your vehicle tax will be cancelled by DVLA. If you pay by Direct Debit, the Direct Debit will be cancelled automatically.
- You’ll automatically get a refund cheque for any full months left on your vehicle tax. The refund is calculated from the date DVLA gets your information. The cheque is sent to the name and address on the vehicle log book.
N/B: You will not get a refund for:
- Any credit card fees,the 5% surcharge on some direct debit payments,the 10% surcharge on a single 6 month payment,Refund for the first tax payment on the vehicle.The amount you get back will be based on whichever is lower of:
- The first tax payment when you registered the vehicle,the rate for the second tax payment onwards,If your refund does not arrive,contact DVLA if you have not got your refund cheque after 8 weeks.
If your cheque is wrong,Return your refund cheque to DVLA if it’s in the wrong name, and tell them the right name.
How to check if a vehicle is tax?
Find out if a vehicle has up-to-date vehicle tax or has been registered as off the road (SORN). It can take up to 5 working days for the records to update.You’ll need the vehicle’s registration number (number plate).This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg)
You can also use this service to check the current tax rates for your vehicle. You’ll need the 11-digit reference number from your vehicle log book (V5C). Use ‘askMID’ to check if your vehicle is insured.
How to report untaxed vehicle?
If you see an untaxed vehicle on a road, you can report it. Your report is anonymous and will be investigated.There’s a different way to report:
- A driving or insurance offence
- An abandoned vehicle
- A vehicle with no MOT
Steps to report a vehicle as untaxed vehicle?
Check if the vehicle is taxed before you report it – this is a free service.Make a note of the vehicle registration number, make, model and colour of the vehicle and the street name, town and the postcode where you saw it. You will not be able to report the vehicle without these details.
How do i change my car class tax from disabled?
You may need to change your vehicle’s tax class, for example if either: your car was previously used by a disabled person,you’re disabled and taxing your car for the first time,You can only apply at a Post Office.
DVLA vehicle tax service
Telephone: 0300 123 4321
Go to a Post Office that deals with vehicle tax. You need to take either:the payment for your vehicle tax,your bank or building society account details to set up a Direct Debit.You will not need these payment details if your vehicle is exempt from tax.
You also need to take one of the following:your vehicle log book (V5C) (it must be in your name).the green ‘new keeper’ slip from a log book if you’ve just bought it
If you do not have any of these documents, you’ll need to apply for a new log book.You might also need your MOT test certificate (it must be valid when the tax starts).
It can take up to 2 days for MOT information to be updated, so you might not be able to tax your vehicle immediately after it passes its test.
In Northern Ireland you also need an insurance certificate or cover note. These must be paper copies.
We hope on this post on car insurance and mot check serves as a guide on all about car tax cancellation, requirements, report, taxes insurance agency, historic. Always read related posts on car insurance on this blog Sonshinefx.com.