A factory restore erases the information and settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and installs the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or iPod software. Which has advantages and disadvantages of factory reset.
How to restore your device to factory settings
• “On a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes. Find out which macOS your Mac is using.”
• Connect your device to your computer.
• If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. Get help if you forgot your passcode.
• Select your device when it appears on your computer. Learn what to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is unresponsive or won’t turn on. Or get help if your device doesn’t appear on your computer.
• Click Restore [device]. If you’re signed into Find My, you need to sign out before you can click Restore.
• Click Restore again to confirm. Your computer erases your device and installs the latest iOS, iPadOS, or iPod software.
After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts. Now you can set it up as new.
If you can’t access a computer and your device still works, you can erase and restore your device without a computer.
Disadvantages of factory reset on device
Factory reset is like flashing your devices, so before you start resetting your device,make sure you have back up the important thing you have on the device,such as important files, music, videos, important massage and other things you value on your device.
After you have backed up all, you can continue to reset your devices. One of the disadvantages of resetting your device is that there is a possibility of loosing all your files in your device,so you need to back up everything.
Advantages of factory reset on device
One of the best advantage of factory reset on device is fast and amazing functions,it clears up virus on your device which helps your device to function accordingly with hanging or slow network.